1) Shop with a printed Master Grocery List in hand and stick to it.
This is prepared by inventorying your pantry, cupboards, refrigerator, and freezer.
Click here for MASTER GROCERY LIST form.
2) Use a Best Price Box to keep track of good prices for purchases which are made again and again. Also use it to pre-shop for new items.
Click here for BEST PRICE BOX form.
3) Take advantage of sales, discounts, and closeouts using Best Price Box, internet comparison shopping, and local printed ads.
4) Note possible “future” purchases as you shop but don’t buy yet. (In other words, learn to hold off what you want but don’t yet need until you get the best price. Then purchase in bulk.)
5) Buy by the year to save time, trouble, and transportation costs.
6) Date stamp items and store in convenient storage areas. Have your grocery store at home whenever possible!